Jessi Bloom does speaking engagements whether it is industry events or conferences, tv or radio appearances, schools and/or garden clubs, where she promotes and encourages all to be involved with sustainable gardening practices and environmental issues to preserve our natural resources. See below for topics and previous clients. To check her CURRENT SCHEDULE for teaching and to inquire about having Jessi speak for your organization contact us here.
Any organization hiring Jessi to speak would be required to fund the following related to this appearance: All transportation and lodging costs, meals or appropriate per diem, all technical or A/V equipment related to any presentation and an honorarium. If there are requests which are book related appearanc or include book sales, please contact Jessi’s publicist: firstname.lastname@example.org
Common topics for Jessi’s seminars:
- Creating Sacred Space: Design & Ceremony (full day workshop with site case-study collaborative design)
- Water Wisdom: A permaculture approach to hydrological literacy
- Perma-what?! How to design your own Permaculture Paradise
- What the Cluck?! Chickens in the Garden (3 separate workshops in this series to choose from) Integrating animals into gardens and creating habitat.
- Top 10 Homestead Hacks, Wisdom and Tips
- Mindful Gardens – Finding Zen and Peace in your garden
- Easy Peasy Edibles: Perennial Food Plants
- Rewild the Child (class for children – herbal, plant magic, face painting)
- Sustainable Garden Design 101 & 201 (this can be geared towards homeowners or professionals in industry)
- Food Forest Garden Design for the Homeowner ~ The low maintenance edible landscape
- Permaculture 101 for the Gardener ~ How to achieve abundance and build resiliency!
- Have your Garden and Eat it too ~ Designing your Urban Homestead!
- Rainwise Gardening – How to Manage Stormwater Beautifully; from Raingardens, to cisterns and more!
- Water Smart Gardening – Low Impact Design
- Deer Proofing your Garden
- Careers in Horticulture & Permaculture
- Leadership in Permaculture – Why it is needed and How-to
BIO FOR MEDIA USE:
(short version) Jessi Bloom is a best-selling author, award-winning ecological landscape designer, and speaker. She owns N.W. Bloom EcoLogical Landscapes, based near Seattle, which is known as an innovator and leader in the field of permaculture, sustainable landscape design, construction and land management. Her work has been recognized by government agencies and industry organizations, and makes headlines in national media. She lives near Seattle with her two sons on their permaculture homestead, which is full of functional gardens and rescue animals.
PHOTOS for MEDIA USE: download by clicking on the image and “save”
Some previous clients and locations:
- Permaculture Voices, San Diego CA
- Walt Disney World, Florida
- Mother Earth News Fairs: Washington, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Wisconson & Kansas.
- Cascade Water Alliance, WA
- Department of Ecology, WA
- Washington State University Extensions, WA
- University of Washington
- Seattle Public Utilities, WA
- Green Gardening Program, WA
- Cascadia Consulting Group, Seattle, WA
- NW Flower and Garden Show, Seattle, WA
- San Fransisco Flower and Garden Show, CA
- City of Renton, WA
- City of Mill Creek, WA
- City of Port Townsend, WA
- Snohomish Conservation District, WA
- Snohomish County
- Skagit Conservation District
- Woodinville Water District, WA
- Numerous Garden Clubs including Mill Creek, Mukilteo and Redmond.
- Northwest Perennial Alliance
- Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association
- NW Eco Building Guild
- Brookside Gardens, MD
- Molbak’s Nursery & Home Center, WA
- Lake Washington Technical College, WA
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers, WA and Nationwide
- Adkins Arboretum, Ridgely, MD