The majority of our projects start with a consultation: We send you surveys to fill out that cover your personal preferences and site constraints as well as a contract that goes over our fees – most consultations runs less than $200. This small fee can save you thousands of dollars. We use decades of experience to help you with your project. We share the necessary knowledge and resources for renovation projects and finding solutions to problem areas in your landscape. Topics often discussed in consultations or ongoing garden coaching are:
- general design ideas
- plant health assessment
- recommendations for weed and pest infestations
- pruning suggestions and training
- plant identification and basic botany
- site and soil analysis
- transplanting and other gardening tips
- overall property management suggestions
- to-do task list creation for the do-it-yourselfer
- And much more
Jessi Bloom does speaking engagements whether it is industry events or conferences, tv or radio appearances, schools and/or garden clubs, where she promotes and encourages all to be involved with sustainable gardening practices and environmental issues to preserve our natural resources. See below for topics and previous clients. To check her CURRENT SCHEDULE for teaching and to inquire about having Jessi speak for your organization contact us here. Any organization hiring Jessi to speak would be required to fund the following related to this appearance: All transportation and lodging costs, meals or appropriate per diem, all technical or A/V equipment related to any presentation and an honorarium. If the appearance is book related, contact Jessi’s publicist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Common topics for Jessi’s seminars:
- What the Cluck?! Chickens in the Garden (3 separate workshops in this series to choose from) Integrating animals into gardens and creating habitat.
- Sustainable Garden Design 101 & 201
- Food Forest Garden Design for the Homeowner ~ The low maintenance edible landscape
- Permaculture 101 for the Gardener ~ How to achieve abundance and build resiliency!
- Designing your own Paradise – create a great space with permaculture ethics & principles!
- Easy Peasy Edibles!
- EcoPRO Training – Ecological Principles & Practices for Professionals
- Have your Garden and Eat it too ~ Designing your Urban Homestead!
- Rainwise Gardening – How to Manage Stormwater Beautifully; from Raingardens, to cisterns and more!
- Water Smart Gardening – Low Impact Design
- Mindful Gardening – Finding Zen and Peace in your garden with sustainable practices
- Purposeful Plants – Loving plants for ALL of what they offer!
- Easy Peasy Edibles: Perennial Food Plants
- Deer Proofing your Garden
- Careers in Horticulture & Permaculture
- Right Plant, Right Place!
- Leadership in Permaculture – Why it is needed and How-to
Previous seminar clients and locations:
- Cascade Water Alliance, WA
- Department of Ecology, WA
- Washington State University Extensions, WA
- University of Washington
- Mother Earth News Fairs: Washington, Pennsylvania, North Carolina & Kansas.
- Seattle Public Utilities, WA
- Green Gardening Program, WA
- Cascadia Consulting Group, Seattle, WA
- NW Flower and Garden Show, Seattle, WA
- San Fransisco Flower and Garden Show, CA
- City of Renton, WA
- City of Mill Creek, WA
- City of Port Townsend, WA
- Snohomish Conservation District, WA
- Snohomish County
- Woodinville Water District, WA
- Numerous Garden Clubs including Mill Creek, Mukilteo and Redmond.
- Numerous Master Gardeners Associations throughout the US and Canada
- Northwest Perennial Alliance
- Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association
- NW Eco Building Guild
- Brookside Gardens, MD
- Molbak’s Nursery & Home Center, WA
- Lake Washington Technical College, WA
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers, WA
- Adkins Arboretum, Ridgely, MD