We provide the necessary knowledge and resources for renovation projects and finding solutions to problem areas in your landscape. Topics often discussed in consultations and garden coaching are: site and soil analysis, plant health assessment, recommendations for weed and pest infestations, pruning suggestions and training, plant identification and basic botany, transplanting and other gardening tips, general design ideas, how plants and insects interact, and overall property management suggestions and plans/task list creation for the do-it-yourselfer. This service is charged by the hour, with travel time included one way to your site.
Jessica does speaking engagements whether it is industry events or conferences, tv or radio appearances, schools and/or garden clubs, where she promotes and encourages all to be involved with sustainable gardening practices and environmental issues to preserve our natural resources. See below for topics and previous clients. To check her CURRENT SCHEDULE and to inquire about having Jessi speak for your organization contact us here or if it is book related, contact Jessi’s publicist, email@example.com
Common topics for Jessi’s seminars:
- What the Cluck?! Chickens in the Garden (3 separate workshops in this series to choose from)
- Sustainable Garden Design 101 & 201
- Food Forest Garden Design for the Homeowner ~ The low maintenance edible landscape
- Permaculture 101 for the Gardener ~ How to achieve abundance and build resiliency!
- Have your Garden and Eat it too ~ Designing your Urban Homestead!
- Rainwise Gardening – How to Manage Stormwater Beautifully; from Raingardens, to cisterns and more!
- Easy Peasy Edibles: Perennial Food Plants
- Deer Proofing your Garden
- Careers in Horticulture
Previous seminar clients and locations:
- Cascade Water Alliance, WA
- Department of Ecology, WA
- Washington State University Extensions, WA
- University of Washington
- Mother Earth News, Puyallup, WA
- Seattle Public Utilities, WA
- Green Gardening Program, WA
- Cascadia Consulting Group, Seattle, WA
- NW Flower and Garden Show, Seattle, WA
- San Fransisco Flower and Garden Show, CA
- City of Renton, WA
- City of Mill Creek, WA
- City of Port Townsend, WA
- Snohomish Conservation District, WA
- Woodinville Water District, WA
- Numerous Garden Clubs including Mill Creek, Mukilteo and Redmond.
- Northwest Perennial Alliance
- Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association
- NW Eco Building Guild
- Brookside Gardens, MD
- Molbak’s Nursery & Home Center, WA
- Lake Washington Technical College, WA
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers, WA
- Adkins Arboretum, Ridgely, MD